Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Challenge #211 - Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays

So let's start off the new season with a birthday...........and its a special birthday wish for our Poobah Deena, whose birthday is so very soon.  Wish we could all be there to celebrate with you!

Chat Noir here with two birthday cards for special events coming up....  It was my own private challenge to use colour instead of the usual black and white which characterises most of my work (what does that say about me I wonder??).
The darker card is a sort of gate-fold one turned on its side to flip down, and the whole thing came together around the ribbon which I love but find hard to match up.  The red card is much cheerier and owes its life to the Kaisercraft garland that I found on the desk.

Rosemary here - Happy birthday to Deena!  
I made a birthday card that also has a pocket inside perfect for tucking in a little money or a gift card.  I need to get proficient at these for Christmas as my nieces and nephews are getting to the ages where they really want gift cards. (sigh, now who will I pretend to be shopping for when I play at the toy store?)





Deena here:

Today is my birthday and that is why I chose this theme for our first project challenge back to the blog...we are having the best fall here and I can even wear capris on the last day of summer for my birthday....it is like the mother nature just knew I needed a nice warm day for my birthday.
Now it's your chance to show us what birthdays inspire you to make.  Leave your link in the comments box and we'll drop by and see what you've been up to.  You have until October 4th officially, but late entrants are always welcome.  We Poobahs are like that!


4 comments:

Julye said...

fab DT cards and we always need birthday cards so great challenge toohere's my entry.

Zoechaos said...

This is my Brothers Birthday card this year http://zoechaos.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/brothers-birthday-card.html

Unknown said...

I LOVe the DT Creations!! Fantastic!! Here is mine for this Challenge:

http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com/2015/09/purple-aurora-birthday.html

Thanks for another fun challenge!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

Yogi said...

glad to have you back BIG GRIN. Here's my contribution
http://yogiemp.blogspot.ca/2015/09/mc-sept15-flap-card-wc-weave-awesome.html
Have a great day