Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Challenge #195 - TREAT Yourself!

Per our Opus Gluei Poobah Electra:


Today is my darling daughter's birthday. Be selfish.  Make 

something for yourself that is for you alone.  Something

 special. Something you've been wanting to make, and 

maybe will display in your home, so you will smile often 

when you see it. 


so....."Treat yourself"


Chat Noir here with FINALLY something finished and out of the UFO corner....I've been moving this box from one side of the bench to the other for long enough so today it has a new lease of life.  The paper is one I've been keeping for something just like this.  It reminds me of so many things and its just right for my new desk.


Its my sort of treat, what's yours?

Electra here:

I love Minions.
LOVE Minions!
I have a few little minions on my desk at work and
for some time now I have to wanting to make something
with Minions in it.
So that is what I did.



and a closeup for those of you who do not know what Minions are:
OK, now you know.  I love Minions.

(CN - so THATs how the clock works...)

Deena here: I am in love with Electra's minions....those are soooo super cute!  Wow....I love sentiment stamps...LOVE them...and I love wood grain paper...just can't get enough...so I made myself this little inspirational card to look at on my desk at work....should replace the hallowe'en one I put up a couple of weeks ago...just need to shove it in a frame and voila...done...and then it is still ready to give away when I am done looking at it :)


Rosemary here and I look at my scrapping time as my treat to myself.  I went away with girlfriends last weekend to do just that and what did I scrap?  Well, one of our previous get togethers!  BUT, it inspired me and recharged my batteries enough to get myself scrapping when I got home and I've started a December album (not a daily, I just am not that thrilling even at Christmas) for me to fill up as we fill in our calendar with events!




 

You have until November 15 to share your artistic work with us here in the comments.  Just link to your blog post.

We look forward to seeing you treat yourself right!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful theme-- I certainly took advantage! Here is my creation: http://lydiaspost.blogspot.com/2014/11/pink-house.html

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

I treated myself to a brand new, completely un-necessary image, just because! Thanks so much for giving me permission amd fab inspiration! ;)
http://susansaysstupidstuff.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/lenore-and-raven.html

Chana Malkah said...

My "Treat to Myself" was to keep a project I originally planned ot give away during RAK week! Great Challenge!

http://redoralee.blogspot.com/2014/11/613-avenue-create-challenge-blog.html